Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Reflection

I have learned that being a researcher can be very tough. Your data can get messed up by non-serious survey takers or it can be hard to find a good resource on your topic. The part that went really well for me was the survey and my data. I felt like I got reliable data and people were serious when they answered my question. The hard part for me was finding a good resource. I had a pretty specific topic so that's why it was hard to find a good resource. I finally found just what I was looking for and it turned out good though. Next time what I would do differently is survey a different audience. I would survey adults to find out more about teens in the 70s. I might have changed my research question to be more about teens nowadays rather than teens in the 1970s.

This research has affected my understanding of how much people change over the years. While researching teens in the 1970s I found that they were very different than teens are now and I think pretty much every decade there's a huge change in teens. I think it's just human nature to be different and change over the years. Despite all this I also learned that the teenage experience is very similar between the 70s and now, it's just represented in different ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment